HISTORY

The Wakefield Public Library was established in 1914 with a volunteer run library and donated books located in members’ homes.

The current library building was built as a WPA (Works Progress Administration) Project and dedicated in 1938.

Fern Normandin served as a librarian from 1928 until her retirement in 1990.  Her early pay was twenty-five cents a week plus extra pay for starting the fire to heat the building.

 

error: Content is protected !!